Dr. Gabriella Appice
Dr. Gabriella Appice's mission is to provide comprehensive dental services to all patients in an environment that is a perfect balance of quality service and a pleasant comfortable atmosphere.
Dr Gabriella earned her Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) degree from Midwestern University, Illionis where she completed
clinicals to broaden her expertise in all general dentistry procedures, and specializes in one-visit crowns for adults using Cerec 3D technology.
She is a member of American Dental Association & the Academy of General Dentistry.
Dr Gabriella continuously seeks out training and professional development opportunities that allow her to remain knowledgeable about new dental practices and the latest technology.
In her free time, Dr. Garbriella enjoys traveling, spending time with family, and taking her puppy on long walks.
Dr Ayanna Bradshaw
Dr. Ayanna Bradshaw is originally from Greensboro, North Carolina, which created her very charming southern accent! During her time in Atlanta, Dr. Bradshaw discovered her passion for dentistry after shadowing multiple health professionals and being inspired by a pediatric dentist. Dr. Bradshaw earned her dental degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 2009 and completed a general practice residency with Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center in Bronx, New York. Dr. Bradshaw has worked in New Jersey for the past five years as a General Dentist treating adults and children, and is a member of the American Dental Association, New Jersey Dental Association, and Essex County Dental Society. She enjoys spending time with her husband and daughter, visiting with family and friends, traveling, and decorating for special events.
Dr. Meetu Soni
Dr. Soni, who has been a dentist for over 17 years, began her dentistry career in India with a bachelor degree in Dental surgery in 1998. After practicing Dentistry in India for 4 years, she traveled and performed dental services in countries like Kenya, Tanzania, Malawi and Jamaica. In 2005, she moved to the US, and in 2008 completed her DMD degree from the Goldman School of Dental Medicine at Boston University. She’s always had a passion for treating children, which led her to complete a residency in Pediatric Dentistry at Staten Island University Hospital. This further enhanced her education and experience.
As a dentist, Dr. Soni is very gentle and caring. With her tender words and comforting smile, she has the knack for making her young patients feel at ease during their treatment. Her natural skills, combined with her expertise and experience gained over years of education and practice make her an excellent choice as dental provider for your children.
Dr. Soni is an attending pediatric dentist at North Shore LIJ Hospital, Staten Island, NY, for their pediatric dental residency program. She is also on staff at Saint Peters University Hospital, New Brunswick, and Livingston Surgery Center, affiliated with Saint Barnabas Hospital in Livingston, where she routinely performs dental surgeries under general anesthesia. Dr. Soni takes out time to volunteer for Marian Rose World Mission, where she participates in overseas dental outreach programs. She routinely participates in health fairs conducted by Saint Peters University Hospital, and conducts free dental screenings for child care centers. She also volunteers for MyGoal Autism, where she often talks to parents of children with special needs about their dental healthcare.
Dr. Soni is American Board of Pediatric Dentistry certified Pediatric Dentist. Dr. Soni is also a member of the American Association of Pediatric Dentistry, American Dental Association and New Jersey Dental Association.
Dr. Soni is married and a proud mother of two. She enjoys spending time with family and friends, volunteering at her children’s schools, and traveling.
Dr. Michael Freda
Dr. Freda attended Fairleigh Dickinson University, where he received a Bachelor's of Science. He proceeded to attend Tufts University for his D.M.D., followed by a General Practice Residency at Morristown Memorial Hospital. He practiced as a general dentist for one year and returned to school for his Certificate in Orthodontics at UMDNJ, which is now part of the Rutgers University system. Dr. Freda has been in the private practice of orthodontics for thirty years. He is a member of the American Association of Orthodontists, the American Dental Association, the Essex County Dental Society, New Jersey Association of Orthodontists, and the Middle Atlantic Society of Orthodontists. He is an Invisalign Premier provider and has been voted by his peers to New Jersey Top Dentists for the last six years. Dr. Freda continues to love practicing and enjoys the relationships that he develops with both children and adult patients. Dr. Freda is a resident of Morris County where he lives with his wife and four children. Outside of work, he enjoys running and spending time with his family and his dog.
This infection protocol has been developed in effort to provide safe environment for our patients and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic and will be implemented in addition to all existing OSHA infection protocols that are already in effect.
1. Staff members will be screened each morning before the beginning of the day for symptoms of COVID-19 and their temperature will be taken and recorded. Staff members are instructed not to come to work if they feel sick or have been exposed to COVID- 19 and to return to work only upon confirming that they are negative for the virus. If any staff member feels sick in the middle of the day that staff member will be sent for testing and remaining appointments will be cancelled.
2. Patients will be pre-screened via phone interview the day prior to their appointment for COVID- 19 symptoms and risk level. Anyone who may be at higher risk or possibly symptomatic will be required to take a test prior to their dental appointment to show that they are negative for the virus. At the time of the appointment patients will be asked to fill out and sign the same questionnaire again.
3. Appointment will be staggered with social distancing in mind and schedule will be adjusted to the best of our abilities so that maximum 2 people are present at the reception area at any time. We ask patients to wait outside if there are already 2 people inside.
4. Solid Plexiglas shields have been installed at the reception and check out desk to provide for safe check in and check out process.
5. All furniture and surfaces in the waiting room will be wiped with high level disinfectants multiple times during the day. All pens and clipboards will be fully disinfected after each use. All magazines and other marketing materials have been removed from the waiting room.
6. Front desk personal will use gloves and will wash their hands after encounters with patients.
7. Dental assistants/ hygienists will bring the patients pass the reception door. At this point patients’ temperature will be taken by a touch less thermometer and will be recorded in a log by the front desk person. The log will be kept private and will not be visible and accessible by other patients.
8. Our dental staff will be wearing much higher level personal protective equipment: head cover, N95 mask and possibly 2nd surgical mask over the N95 mask, gloves, full length disposable gown, face shield. All protective equipment will be fully changed for each patient.
9. Dental operatories will be cleaned between patients following the protocol for disinfection for all surfaces with hospital grade disinfectant and allowing 10 min for the disinfectant to soak surfaces before being wiped, along with air spray disinfectant to remove all residual aerosols. There will be 10-15 min allowed between patients for full surface and air disinfection between patients.
10. All sterilization and disinfection protocols will be strongly reinforced with additional Infection control and OSHA training performed prior to opening the office for procedures.
11. Weather permitting the office will be aired out every few hours by opening the side doors and allowing for better air circulations
12. HVAC system will be used to remove the aerosols during the dental procedures using a cone attachment to high speed suction.
13. Staff members will be contained to a certain operatory with minimum access to other rooms so that we minimize the number of people patients come in contact with.
14. All patients will be asked to pre-rinse with hydrogen peroxide prior to any procedure to decrease the amount of aerosols released.
15. Cleanings will be done without cavitron and with hand scaling only to decrease aerosols created during the procedure. Whenever the dental procedure allows it slow speed drill will be used for the same purpose.
16. If schedule allows it, best efforts will be made to accommodate new treatment found necessary for patients who are seen for routine cleanings at the same visit so that we decrease the need of additional appointments.
17. All patients will be provided with this information along with other COVID-19 related documents prior to their appointment.
Now more than ever Nova Dental Center Team members are dedicated to provide comfortable and safe environment for our patients along with high quality treatment performed in the a time efficient manner.
Our unique art gallery office design will fill you with serenity the moment you walk through the door. Our relaxing atmosphere will transform your next dental visit into an enjoyable and pleasant experience. We recognize the significance of painless and stress-free dental treatment and we put that as top priority for every dental procedure done at our center. We strive to make every visit to our office a remarkably pleasant experience.